My mood is not so good right now. So, what do I usually do when I’m not in a good mood? I listen to music and sing it. It really helps me fixing my mood. Writing somehow is also one way to get the bad mood away from me. So, let’s do them both at once. While listening to music now, I will write in this blog about music, too. Hopefully after writing this, my mood will get better.
I basically like any kind of music. Just name it. Pop, rock, R&B, some hiphop songs, acoustic, jazz, and alternative. But not dangdut and malay songs. I think in this post, I’m just gonna tell what artists or bands or musicians that ever became or still become my favorite ones that I will never get bored listening to.
I like listening to music and also singing ever since I was a little kid. My first favourite band was Boyzone. I began to like them when I was around 10 years old. Which boyzone member that I liked the most that time? Well, of course Ronan Keating, hehe. Besides them, I also liked other songs, such as : Mariah Carey-Hero, Celine Dion’s songs, and Michael Jackson’s songs. Sooo 90’s, right? Hehe.
Then, when I entered junior high school, I was crazy about one specific boyband. What boyband is it? Well, I bet you won’t need much time to figure it out. Yep, Westlife it is! God, you won’t believe how crazy I was about them that time. I collected ALL of their albums, their pin-ups (from FANTASI tabloid, remember it?), their articles, their magazines, their posters (there was one in my bedroom’s wall, put by my mom, could you believe it?), I listened to their songs repeatedly every single day, I memorized all of their songs’ lyrics, I even ever dreamed of them (OMG!!) and asked my friends to call me as soon as they watch their newest video clip on TV. Awwww my goooodd, I just realize how ‘labil’ I was! Hahahah… Besides westlife, my other favourite bands and singers that time are The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Blue, A1, The Calling, M2M, N’SYNC, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera. My tastes that time were sooooo teenager, I know. At least, thanks God, there were no ‘alay’ bands in my era, so my taste of music wasn’t ruined.. hwehehehe…
I didn’t really like rock songs when I was in junior high, but when I was in senior high, I found that Linkin Park is a genius rock band ever. I love most of their songs. At this age, my craziness of westlife has gone, but I still idolized Backstreet Boys. My favorite male singer that time was Clay Aiken. He has a great voice, and his song titled ‘Measure of A Man’ became my favorite since the meaning behind the song is sooo deep. There was also Maksim who became my favorite pianist that time and Avril Lavigne who became my favorite female singer.
At this age too, I was began addicted to karaoke (thanx to my friend, Daly) and I bought many cassettes of compilation songs. These are some of my cassettes collection that I collected when I was a senior high student and I still have them in my room.
And now? What are my favorite singers? I like so many singers now, but there are some that I like more than the others. Let’s see…
– Most favorite male singer goes to : John Mayer. I love all of his songs and he is a very good guitar player, too. Second best is Jason Mraz. Idolizing John Mayer and Jason Mraz makes me really want to be a guitarist, wkwkwkwk. Other favorite males are Mika, John Legend, Michael Buble, Daniel Powter, David Archuleta, Justin Timberlake.
– Most favorite band goes to : COLDPLAY, of course! Coldplay is genius. Their songs are easy-listening, their musicality is greaaaaat, and also their video clips are always good and unique (try to find their video clip ‘Strawberry Swing’ in YouTube, I guarantee you’re gonna love it). Other bands I like are One Republic, Paramore, Linkin Park, Muse, Kings of Convenience.
– Most favorite female singer goes to : Beyonce, I guess. I wish I could sing like her. I also like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Jojo.
– Most favorite saxophone player goes to : Dave Koz. I especially love his song called “together again”. I usually listen to Dave Koz when I really need to study which needs full concentration.
– Most favorite Indonesian band goes to : Maliq n D’Essentials. I only like some of other Indonesian songs, but I still appreciate these singers: Tompi, RAN, Ello, Ipang, Gita Gutawa, and Nidji. Others than them? Nope.
Well, this finally works. Listening to some musics and writing fixed my mood.